By Primary Research Group
The one hundred fifteen+ web page research seems to be heavily on the fundraising practices and result of a pattern of North American schools and universities, offering distinct info and research on cash raised via gives you, annual fund drives, wills, bequests and legacy rights, sale of books and different highbrow estate, via efforts of good friend of the library teams, occasions and fundraisers, and on-line campaigns and endowments, between different autos. It is helping its readers to respond to questions reminiscent of: how are libraries elevating funds? what number of educational libraries have their very own improvement employees? What has been the influence of on-line campaigns? How potent are “Friends of the Library” teams? how many of provide profit comes from companies? what number precise fundraising occasions do educational libraries carry every year?
Read Online or Download Academic Library Fundraising Benchmarks PDF
Best library management books
Via detailing the techniques of conceptualization, layout, and implementation of the portals at significant universities around the usa, this ebook discusses the present prestige of portals in greater schooling. supplied is perception into the function portals play in an institution's enterprise and academic approach.
It is a pioneering creation to the emergent box of data heritage. It explores how the modern values and issues of our personal details society have helped bring about a reconsideration of our historical past, and of what constitutes our old figuring out of data within the twenty-first century.
Gaining knowledge of the talents precious for transparent, powerful writing could make writing initiatives circulation extra simply. This e-book is helping educational librarians who're new to the occupation or new to a supervisory or administration place, in addition to those that are looking to be extra efficient and make the their writing for paintings pass extra easily.
Determining and imposing an built-in Library approach: an important selection you'll Ever Make specializes in the intersection of expertise and administration within the library info international. As info execs, many librarians might be excited about automation tasks and the administration of technological adjustments which are essential to top meet shopper and organizational wishes.
- Moving your library : getting the collection from here to there
- Surviving Information Overload: The Clear, Practical Guide to Help You Stay on Top of What You Need to Know
- Practical Open Source Software for Libraries
- The Digital Age and Local Studies
- Pathways Into Information Literacy and Communities of Practice. Teaching Approaches and Case Studies
- Scholarly Communication in China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea and Taiwan
Extra resources for Academic Library Fundraising Benchmarks
1 Of the total amount of funds raised or received through donations to the library in 2013, what percentage came from corporate grants/donations? 2 Of the total amount of funds raised or received through donations to the library in 2013, what percentage came from corporate grants/donations? Broken out by the library’s total annual budget, including spending for salaries and materials. 3 Of the total amount of funds raised or received through donations to the library in 2013, what percentage came from corporate grants/donations?
Broken out by annual full-time tuition, prior to any deductions or financial aid. 4 Of the amount raised, approximately what percentage was via periodicals? Broken out by public or private status of the college. 5 Of the amount raised, approximately what percentage was via periodicals? Broken out by full-time equivalent enrollment of the college. 6 Of the amount raised, approximately what percentage was via periodicals? Broken out by Carnegie class.
6. Pretty lousy. 7. None. 8. Fewer substantial grants. 9. Getting tougher. 10. It hardly seems worth bothering to apply for federal grants. Local grants seem more promising. 11. Not good. 55 Academic Library Fundraising Benchmarks Chapter 2 – Book Sales and Sales of Other Intellectual Property Table 9 In the last two years, has the library raised any money through book sales and the sales of other library materials such as DVDs, CDs, or magazines? 1 In the last two years, has the library raised any money through book sales and the sales of other library materials such as DVDs, CDs, or magazines?
Academic Library Fundraising Benchmarks by Primary Research Group